Wednesday 18 April 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tarzan and His Mate, directed by Cedric Gibbons, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1934 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- James Drury: American actor.
- George Shirley: American tenor and educator.
- James Drury in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Virginian).
- Jan Klusak: Composer.
- Mark Kingston: Actor (Intimate Contact).
- Colin Hamer: British ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Priest ordained in February 1964. After a crisis of faith, he was released from his vows by the Pope on 2/05/1971.
- Edith Vuarnet: French noted family, the wife of Jean Vuarnet, President of Vuarnet Inc, and the sister of Olympic skiing champion Francois Bonlieu (giant slalom, Innsbruch 1964). Her brother had died mysteriously in the '70s, found on a boat in Saint Tropez with knife wounds.
- 1st Washateria (laundromat) opens (Ft Worth, Tx)
- Hitler names J von Ribbentrop, ambassador for disarmament
- First "Washateria" (laundromat) opens (Fort Worth, Texas).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 April 1934 and get them!