Saturday 18 April 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1942 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Michael Beloff: English lawyer and academic.
- Steve Blass: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Robert Christgau: American journalist and critic.
- Jochen Rindt: German race car driver.
- Dick K J Tommel: Chemist / (D66) Dutch Assistant Secretary of State (1994- ).
- Stars & Stripes paper for US armed forces starts
- James H Doolittle bombs Tokyo and other Japanese cities
- Pierre Laval becomes Prime Minister of Vichy France.
- Stars and Stripes paper for US armed forces starts.
- (about 1215 hours) Sixteen American B-25 bombers lead by Lieutenant Colonel James Doolittle bomb Tokyo, Nagoya, and Kobe, Japan. The planes were launched from the carrier Hornet 668 miles off Tokyo. 73 of the 80 crew survive as the planes land in China.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?