Thursday 18 April 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Make Mine Music, directed by Bob Cormack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1946 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Alexander "Skip" Spence: Canada -- Guitarist / vocalist (Moby Grape-Omaha).
- Anne Boyd: Composer.
- Harvey Kagan: Rocker.
- Irene Fernandez: Malaysian activist (d. 2014).
- Skip Spence: Canadian-American singer-songwriter drummer and guitarist (Jefferson Airplane and Moby Grape) (d. 1999).
- Lenny Baker: rocker (Sha Na Na).
- Hayley Mills: British actress, an appealing juvenile who charmed audiences as the bubbly teenage star of such '60s Disney classics as "The Parent Trap" and "Pollyanna," for which she won a special Oscar in 1960 at the age of 14. She was 12 when cast in "Tiger Bay" with her famous dad, and after a visit by Walt Disney was imported into Hollywood. For a while, at 15, she battled with weight gain. Some 100 lbs and 5'4" was hardly excessive, but enough to send her into an eating disorder by the time she was 18.
- Jean-François Balmer: French Swiss actor who has worked extensively for French cinema, theatre, and television.
- Call Me Mister opens at National Theater NYC for 734 performances
- League of Nations dissolves (three months after the United Nations starts).
- Jackie Robinson debuts as second baseman for the Montreal Royals.
- The International Court of Justice holds its inaugural meeting in The Hague, Netherlands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 April 1946 and get them!