Friday 18 April 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Gee and Lori Martin in Glendale.
Odd Man Out, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1947 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- David Gee: Director (Friends of the Earth).
- Lori Martin in Glendale: California, USA; actress (Velvet - National Velvet).
- James Woods in Warwick: Rhode Island, USA; actor (Salvador, Against All Odds).
- Dorothy Lyman in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actress (All My Children, Naomi - Mama's Family).
- Lori Martin: American actress and singer, a natural blonde who dyed her hair black for the role of Velvet Brown in the NBC television version of National Velvet, 1960-1962.
- Herbert Mullin: American homicide who killed 13 people, clubbing, stabbing and shooting men, women and children over a four-month period.
- James Woods: American actor with a gift for playing charming bad guys. He earned an Academy Award nomination in 1986 for "Salvador" and portraying a racist murderer in "Ghosts of Mississippi, 1996.
- Kathy Acker: Writer, dead Cancer Died, dies at 54
- Moses Blah: Liberian general and politician 23rd President of Liberia (d. 2013)
- Dorothy Lyman: American actress director and producer
- Cindy Pickett: American actress
- Greg Quill: Australian-Canadian singer-songwriter and journalist (d. 2013)
- Jerzy Stuhr: Polish actor director and screenwriter
- Royal Navy detonates 6,800 tons of explosives in an attempt to demolish the fortified island of Heligoland, Germany, thus creating one of the largest man-made non-nuclear explosions in history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Roses in the Rain - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?