Sunday 18 April 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Malfitano in New York City and "Tiny" Nate.
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1948 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Catherine Malfitano in New York City: New York, USA; soprano (Metropolitan Opera).
- "Tiny" Nate: Archibald; NBA guard (Cincinnati Royals).
- Skip Stephenson in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; comedian (Real People).
- Nate Archibald: American athlete, NBA basketball player.
- Ken Swensen: American track and field champion.
- Régis Wargnier: French film director, film producer, screenwriter and film score composer.
- Richard Wolsztynski: French senior military officer, who was Chief of Staff of the Air Force from 2002 to 2006.
- International Court of Justice opens at The Hague, Netherlands.
- The first democratic general election with universal suffrage is held in Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nature Boy - Nat King Cole (Frank DeVol & His Orchestra)
- Toolie Oolie Doolie (Yodel Polka) - Andrews Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?