Monday 18 April 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1955 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
Famous Birthdays:18 April
- Eugen Herrigel: Zen philosopher/scholar, dies in Germany at age 70.
- Ankles Aweigh opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 176 performances
- 1st Bandoeng Conference - Afro-Asian conference opens
- Albert Einstein, German/American physicist (E=MC^2, Theory of Relativity), dies.
- 29 nations meet at Bandung, Indonesia, for the first Asian-African Conference.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 April 1955 and get them!