Tuesday 18 April 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Doig and Jeff Cook.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
La Dolce Vita, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1961 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Ian Doig: Seaforth, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1985 Florida Classic).
- Jeff Cook: Muncie, Indiana -- Nike golfer (1990 Greater Ozarks Open).
- Pamella Bordes: New Dehli, India -- British parliament prostitute.
- Jeff Cook in Muncie: Indiana, USA; Nike golfer (1990 Greater Ozarks Open).
- Gary Anderson: American athlete, running back.
- Jane Leeves: British actress
- Grandmaster Caz: American rapper and DJ
- Kelly Hansen: American singer-songwriter (Foreigner and Hurricane)
- Steve Lombardi: American wrestler and agent
- John Podhoretz: American columnist and political pundit
- CONCP is founded in Casablanca as a united front of African movements opposing Portuguese colonial rule.
- The Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, a cornerstone of modern international relations, is adopted.
- Portugal sends to Angola its first military reinforcement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Kokomo - Asia Minor
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?