It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Idiot, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of Thursday, 18 April 1963 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
Famous People born
- Stanley Cup: Toronto Maple Leafs beat Detroit Red Wings, 4 games to 1.
- Dr James Campbell performs the first human nerve transplant.
: American comedian
: Canadian actor
Conan [Christopher] O'Brien in Brookline
: Massachusetts, USA; TV host (Late Night).
Famous People died
: third of famous Wallenda aerialists to fall to death.
: American politician (Born 1880)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
TIME Magazine Cover: Abdhul Rahman -- Apr. 12, 1963
Esquire Magazine cover
Playboy Magazine cover
Sports Illustrated: no.7815
The Shoes of the Fisherman - Morris L. West
The Group - Mary McCarth
Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, and Seymour-An Introduction - J.D. Salinger
Caravans - James A. Michener
Corvair Monza Club Coupe/convertib (1963)
Kodak Carousel Slide Projector Simple Wheel (1963)
Tell the world why Thursday, 18 April 1963 is such a special date for you!