Thursday 18 April 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Rydall and Mary Birdsong.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
Yours, Mine and Ours, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Maratonci.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1968 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Derek Rydall: American actor whose films include "Night Visitor," "Death Wish 4," and "Phantom of the Mall.
- Mary Birdsong: American actress singer and screenwriter.
- David Hewlett: English-Canadian actor director and screenwriter.
- 1st ABA basketball championship began
- 178,000 employees of US Bell Telephone System go on strike.
- Dutch Department of Amnesty International forms.
- London Bridge is sold to US oil company (to be erected in Arizona).
- San Francisco's Old Hall of Justice is demolished.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 April 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?