Monday 18 April 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amina Pankey and Miguel Cabrera.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Lone Wolf McQuade, directed by Steve Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Krull or The Birds and the Bees II: Antics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1983 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Amina Pankey: Rapper.
- Miguel Cabrera: Baseball Player.
- Reeve Carney: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Fodil Hadjadj: Algerian footballer.
- Cheryl Haworth: American weightlifter.
- Cristina Nardozzi: American model Miss Massachusetts USA 2005
- George Balanchine: Russian-American dancer, known as one of the most famous choreographers in the field of ballet.
- A lone suicide bomber kills 63, at US Embassy in Lebanon
- Alice Walker wins Pulitzer Prize for The Color Purple
- KMO-AM in Tacoma Washington changes call letters to KAMT (now KKMO)
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Alice Walker for The Color Purple.
- Rangers 3-Isles 1 - Patrick Division Finals - Series tied at 2-2
- 87th Boston Marathon won by Greg Meyer of Massachusetts in 2:09:00.
- A suicide bomber destroys the United States embassy in Beirut, Lebanon, killing 63 people.
- The Disney Channel, a cable-TV network, begins broadcasting, at 7:00 AM, with a show called Good Morning, Mickey. The service runs for 18 hours per day.
- The April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing in Beirut kills 63 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?