Wednesday 18 April 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Give It To Me by Timbaland.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Cashback, directed by Sean Ellis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 April 2007 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Iccho Itoh: mayor of Nagasaki (Born 1945).
- The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act in a 5-4 decision.
- A series of bombings, two of them being suicides, occur in Baghdad, killing 198 and injuring 251.
- Colombia's Nevado del Huila volcano erupts, provoking avalanches and floods that sweep away houses and bridges, which , in turn, prompt hundreds to evacuate. (The Hindu)
- After the acquisition of Algoma Steel, India's Essar Group plans to buy U.S.-based Minnesota Steel for US$ 1.66 billion. (Bloomberg)
- A diplomat claims that an International Atomic Energy Agency document claims that Iran has assembled some 1,300 centrifuges at a key underground nuclear plant in Natanz and has started to feed them with the uranium gas necessary for enriching uranium. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Virginia Tech massacre:
- Virginia Tech police respond to what turned out to be an unfounded threat near Norris Hall, where 31 people died Monday in the United States's deadliest ever shooting spree. (CNN)
- Liviu Librescu, the Jewish Romanian engineering professor who was shot five times while holding off the gunman at his classroom entrance so his students could escape, is posthumously awarded the Star of Romania by the Romanian government. (Romanian press release)
- Iraqi insurgency:
- At least 198 people are confirmed dead after a series of bombings in Baghdad. (BBC)
- United States Army soldiers raid buildings in a rural area northeast of Falluja, killing four suspected terrorists and capturing another 30. (CNN)
- At least 16 secondary school students die in Egypt's Al Jizah governorate as the truck they were traveling to school on collides with another vehicle. (Reuters via CNN)
- Three workers at a publishing house in Turkey that prints Bibles are murdered in ongoing sectarian violence. (Reuters)
- Australia and the United States agree to exchange hundreds of asylum seekers kept in offshore detention camps in Nauru and Guantanamo Bay. (AP via IHT)
- The People's Republic of China begins a new service of high-speed trains capable of reaching speeds of 200km/h (124 mph). (BBC)
- Thirty-two steel workers are killed and two more injured in China after a ladle full of liquid steel failed, engulfing an adjacent room full of workers. (News.com.au)
- UEFA chooses Poland and Ukraine as joint hosts for the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Timbaland - Give It To Me
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Linkin Park - What I've Done
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?