Saturday 18 April 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
17 Again, directed by Burr Steers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stranger Among Bears.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assassin's Creed II: Discovery or Beatmania IIDX 17: Sirius.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 April 2009 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 April
- Stephanie Parker: Welsh actress (Born 1987).
- Roxana Saberi, an Iranian-American journalist, is sentenced to eight years in prison for espionage by an Iranian court. She is released the following month, after an appeals court reduces and suspends her sentence.
- France's National Police arrest ETA military leader Jurdan Martitegi in Montauriol. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Canada's HMCS ''Winnipeg'' and the United States' USS ''Halyburton'' thwart Somali pirates' attack on a Norwegian oil tanker. (MSN)
- An explosion at a warehouse kills at least 18 people in Hunan Province, China. (BBC)
- The Abu Sayyaf Group releases Swiss Red Cross worker Andreas Notter from captivity in the Philippines. (Reuters)
- The Netherlands' ''Korps Commandotroepen'' rescue 20 Yemeni hostages from Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 April 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?