Wednesday 18 April 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
Think Like a Man, directed by Tim Story, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 18 April 2012 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 April
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising:
- Thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators march through Tubli calling for the downfall of the regime and chanting against the Formula 1 Grand Prix, due to be held in Bahrain on Sunday. (Al Jazeera)
- Police fire stun grenades at protesters in a separate rally outside a cultural exhibition in Manama amid calls for the release of imprisoned Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, being kept alive by intravenous drip. (BBC)
- The Casoria Contemporary Art Museum in Naples begins burning its artworks due to government budget cuts affecting cultural institutions. (BBC)
- American television personality and producer Dick Clark dies of a heart attack at the age of 82. (ABC)
- In the U.S., the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the Securities and Exchange Commission finalize joint rules that will limit which firms must register with either or both of those agencies as ampquotswap dealers.ampquot (Reuters)
- Cuba claims U.S. President Barack Obama was forced to use his ampquotimperial vetoampquot to stop the summit calling for an end to the U.S. embargo against it. (BBC)
- North Korea rejects criticism from countries on the United Nations Security Council regarding its failed rocket launch, and breaks off an agreement that would see it halt testing of nuclear weapons in exchange for food aid. (AFP via Google)
- Israeli army officer Shalom Eisner, who struck a Danish activist in the face with the butt of his gun, is dismissed from his post but not from the Israeli Defense Forces. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- Senior U.S. officials condemn graphic photos depicting their troops posing with the mangled corpses of suspected Afghan suicide bombers on at least two separate occasions months apart. The ''Los Angeles Times'' defends its publication of the photos after being warned against the move by the U.S. military. (Al Jazeera)
- China pledges an investigation into the death of British businessman Neil Haywood, and the alleged role of former politician Bo Xilai and his wife. (BBC)
- In a rare move for courts in the United Kingdom, television cameras are allowed into the High Court in Edinburgh to film the sentencing of David Gilroy for the murder of Suzanne Pilley. (BBC)
- Pat Summitt resigns as head coach of the Tennessee Lady Volunteers basketball team. (''New York Times'')
- Chelsea stun title holders Barcelona with a 1-0 win UEFA Champions League semi-final first-leg match in London, Ivorian footballer Didier Drogba scoring the only goal of the game. (Al Jazeera)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?