Sunday 18 August 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1901 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Lucienne Boyer: French popular singer and formerly model, daughter of a fireman.
- Charles De Antoni: French musician and centenarian, titled "la doyenne des Français," who was recognised as the oldest person in France from 24 October 2010 until his death on 11 January 2011, aged 109, in Maisons-Laffitte.
- Jean Guitton: French philosopher and theologian.
- Henri Lorillot: French military officer, who served as the Chief of the Defence Staff (French: Chef d'État-Major des Armées) (acronym: CEMA) from 17 May 1958 to 8 June 1958.
- Richard Kleinmichel: Composer, dies at 54.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?