Saturday 18 August 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Clemente and Billy Consolo.
Treasure Island, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1934 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Roberto Clemente: Puerto Rican baseball player, a Major League right fielder who played 18 seasons for the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1955 through 1972.
- Billy Consolo: American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played with the Boston Red Sox, Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins, Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Angels, and Kansas City Athletics between 1953 and 1962.
- Vincent Bugliosi: American attorney, high profile as the prosecutor of the notorious Charles Manson family.
- Jacques Rollet: France sport Champion.
- Gulzar : Indian director producer and songwriter.
- Ronnie Carroll: Irish singer and politician (d. 2015)
- Michael May: German-Swiss race car driver and engineer
- Delilah L Beasley: US Author / columnist (Oakland Tribune), dies at 61.
- 48th US Womens Tennis: Helen Jacobs beats Sarah H Cooke (61 64)
- Ponsford and Bradman make 451 partnership in 316 minutes vs. Eng
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?