Saturday 18 August 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Treasure Island, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1934 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Jacques Rollet: France sport Champion.
- Vincent Bugliosi: American attorney, high profile as the prosecutor of the notorious Charles Manson family.
- Billy Consolo: American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played with the Boston Red Sox, Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins, Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Angels, and Kansas City Athletics between 1953 and 1962.
- Gulzar : Indian director producer and songwriter.
- Ronnie Carroll: Irish singer and politician (d. 2015).
- Michael May: German-Swiss race car driver and engineer
- Roberto Clemente: Puerto Rican baseball player, a Major League right fielder who played 18 seasons for the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1955 through 1972. He was a National League, Most Valuable Player once, All-Star twelve times (15 games), batting champion four times, and Gold Glove winner twelve times. In 1972, Clemente got his 3,000th major league hit.
- Delilah L Beasley: US Author / columnist (Oakland Tribune), dies at 61.
- 48th US Womens Tennis: Helen Jacobs beats Sarah H Cooke (61 64)
- Ponsford and Bradman make 451 partnership in 316 minutes vs. Eng
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1934 and get them!