Tuesday 18 August 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1953 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Bill Roorbach: American novelist, short story writer, memoirist, nature writer, journalist, blogger and critic.
- Sergio Castellitto: Italian film and TV actor who made his debut on stage and performed as a star since 1988.
- Louie Gohmert: American captain lawyer and politician.
- The second Kinsey Report, ''Sexual Behavior in the Human Female'', is published in the US.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?