Wednesday 18 August 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Egyptian, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1954 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Laura Bernieri: American script writer, producer and distributor of independent films, Bernieri is an entertainment entrepreneur.
- Umberto Guidoni: Italian astronaut; one of two astronauts who participated in the failed shuttle mission of 2/22/1996.
- Angela Dimitriou: Greek singer.
- Gregg Leakes: Reality Star.
- James E Wilkins is 1st black to attend a US cabinet meeting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
- Patti Page - What A Dream
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1954 and get them!