Monday 18 August 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1958 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Didier Auriol: French race car driver, the winner of the Championship of France in 1986, '87 and '88.
- Madeleine Stowe: American actress.
- Dione Forti: Brazilian pro astrologer with her own astrology radio program, serious minded and a good communicator.
- Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov, published
- Betsy Palmer joins Today Show panel
- Floyd Patterson TKOs Roy Harris in 13 for heavyweight boxing title
- Perez Prado Mambo King, receives one of the 1st gold records
- TV game show scandal investigation starts
- Verne Gagne beats Edouard Carpentier in Omaha, to become NWA champ
- Great Britain issues regional stamps (Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales).
- Fidel Castro makes a speech on Cuban pirate radio Rebelde.
- American TV game show scandal investigation starts.
- Vladimir Nabokov's controversial novel Lolita is published in the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1958 and get them!