Friday 18 August 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Jurkovic and Julie Kristen Smith.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to All You Need Is Love by The Beatles.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
The Trip, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1967 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- John Jurkovic: Defensive tackle (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Julie Kristen Smith: Nuhremburg, Germany -- Choreographer (Showgirls).
- Blas Elias Gomez in Kennedy: Texas, USA; rock drummer (Slaughter-Stick it Live).
- Tracy Tracy rocker (Primitives-Lovely: Lump of Coal).
- Brian Michael Bendis: American comic-book writer.
- Brian Bendis: American author and illustrator
- Daler Mehndi: Indian singer-songwriter and producer
- Dan Peters: American drummer (Bundle of Hiss Mudhoney Nirvana and Love Battery)
- Red Sox Tony Conigliaro is beaned by Angels Jack Hamilton
- Rolling Stones release We Love You
- WCBS radio in NYC goes all-news
- The State of Tamil Nadu, India is established.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 August 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?