Sunday 18 August 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carolyn Crudgington and Greta Lind.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1968 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Carolyn Crudgington: Australian softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Greta Lind: Goshen, New York -- Actress (Katie Kennicott-All My Children).
- Griffin Drew: Hazelhurst, Georgia -- Actress (Dinosaur Island).
- John Coyle: West Bloomfield, Michigan -- Short track skater (1994 Olympics).
- Justin Strzelczyk: NFL guard / offensive tackle (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Brian Mitchell: American athlete, running back, whose pro-football career began in 1990..
- Lee Seung-yeon: South Korean actress and talk show host
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Holiday Inn Golf Classic
- Two charter buses push into the Hida River on National Highway Route 41 in Japan, in an accident caused by heavy rain 104 are killed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 August 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?