Wednesday 18 August 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cullen Finnerty .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Different Seasons by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Filthy Rich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Nibbler or Operation Sabotage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1982 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Cullen Finnerty: American football player (d. 2013).
- Beverly Bayne: Actress (Romeo & Juliet, Passionate Youth), dies at 87.
- 1st time NYSE tops 100 M figure, 132.69 M shares traded
- LA Dodgers beat Chicago Cubs, 6-5, in 21 innings (game started 8 / 17)
- Longest baseball game at Wrigley Field in Chicago IL, ends after 22 innings - before LA Dodgers beat Cubs 2-1 (game started August 17th)
- NYSE sets trading record of 132,690,000 shares traded
- Pete Rose sets record with his 13,941st plate appearance
- First time NYSE trading volume tops 100 million figure, 132.69 million shares traded during business day.
- Japanese election law is amended to allow for proportional representation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 August 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wasted On The Way
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?