Saturday 18 August 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
3:10 to Yuma, directed by James Mangold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Monkey Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ageod's American Civil War or Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 August 2007 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 August
- Michael Deaver: Reagan Administration Deputy White House Chief of Staff (Born 1938).
- Rescuers say that a fourth hole in the Crandall Canyon mine near Huntington, Utah shows no sign of six trapped miners. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The death toll of a bridge collapse in Fenghuang, China rises to 64. (AP via IHT)
- A fire in the former Deutsche Bank Building near New York's Ground Zero kills two firefighters. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Typhoon Sepat makes landfall in the Chinese province of Fujian after nearly a million people have been evacuated. (Xinhua)
- Two more suspects are arrested in relation to a triple murder in a Newark, New Jersey elementary schoolyard. (CNN)
- North Korea launches a flood relief program to help the hundreds of thousands of people left homeless. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- One person is dead, four people are missing, after a fire at the Penhallow Hotel in Newquay, Cornwall. (BBC)
- Voters in the Maldives go to the polls in a constitutional referendum to decide between a presidential or parliamentary system of government. (NDTV)
- Scientists announce that Pavlof Volcano in Alaska is set to have a huge eruption that could disrupt air traffic. (AP)
- A suicide bomber kills at least 15 people in the southern Kandahar province. (Voice of America)
- A female German aid worker is taken captive at gunpoint in Kabul. (BBC)
- Hurricane Dean (2007):
- Hurricane Dean has already claimed three lives in the Lesser Antilles and is due to pass south of Haiti and the Dominican Republic en route to Jamaica where emergency shelters have been opened. (BBC)
- Hurricane Dean is expected to intensify to a Category 5 hurricane. (RTT News)
- Cuba's National Civil Defense declares a state of alert for the following provinces: Guantánamo, Santiago de Cuba, Granma, Holguín, Las Tunas and Camagüey. (La Prensa)
- U.S. President George W. Bush preapproves an emergency declaration for Texas if Hurricane Dean hits the state. (Reuters)
- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf says he will contend in the upcoming presidential election ampquotbecause the country needs him.ampquot
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?