Wednesday 18 December 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Pierre Noel: Lille Military man.
- Benjamin O Davis Jr: American General (d. 2002).
- Benjamin Davis: Jr.
- Jean Devaivre: French filmmaker who directed 15 feature films and 40 short films, and wrote 35 original scripts and more than 120 adaptations and dubbings.
- The Piltdown Man, later discovered to be a hoax, is found in the Piltdown Gravel Pit, by Charles Dawson.
- Piltdown Man, thought to be the fossilized skull of a hitherto unknown form of early human, presented to the Geological Society of London. It is revealed to be a hoax in 1953.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hark! the Herald Angel Sing - Trinity Choir
- Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 1912 and get them!