Monday 18 December 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Son of Kong, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 18 December 1933 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 18 December 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
See other famous people born on 18 December
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1933?
- Time: Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Aeronautics
- Science: Science vol. 78 issue 2033
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Chiang Kai-shek -- Dec. 11, 1933
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This book was written in 1933 and became an international best-seller and a 1934 film. It tells the story of a southern Maine farm family in the early depression through the seasons of the year--starting and ending in winter a ...
Sinclair Lewis takes a distasteful and controversial subject and spins one of his best books. The book examines the feminist / women's suffrage during the early 1900's through the 1930's by following Ann Vicker's life.
When Robert Merrick's life is saved at the expense of the life of an eccentric but adored surgeon, the carefree playboy is forced to reevaluate his own path.
Tell the world why 18 December 1933 is such a special date for you!