Tuesday 18 December 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Boris Volynov: Russian colonel engineer and astronaut.
- Marc Rich: Belgium financier and American fugitive, pardoned by Bill Clinton on his last few hours in office for accusations of fraud.
- Boris Valentinovich Volynov in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 5: 21).
- A low-key fascist conference is held in Moreaux.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Get a Kick Out of You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- With Every Breath I Take - Bing Crosby
- I've Got an Invitation to a Dance - Paul Pendarvis & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 1934 and get them!