Thursday 18 December 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wadada Leo Smith and William of Gloucester.
The Shanghai Gesture, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1941 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Wadada Leo Smith: American trumpeter and composer.
- William of Gloucester: William was a grandson of King George V of the United Kingdom.
- Joseph Huysmans: .
- Sam Andrew: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Big Brother and the Holding Company) (d. 2015).
- Wadada Smith: American trumpet player and composer (Creative Construction Company).
- Joan Scott: American historian author and academic
- German submarine U-434 sinks
- Japanse troops land on Hong Kong
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?