Monday 18 December 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Maltin in New York City and Martha Johnson in Toronto.
Born Yesterday, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Son Of A Hundred Kings by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Wild, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1950 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Leonard Maltin in New York City: New York, USA; movie critic (Entertainment Tonight).
- Martha Johnson in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; rocker (M+M).
- Heinz-Josef Kehr: German footballer.
- Marc Cooper: American journalist and author of "Pinochet and Me," 2001.
- Lizmark : Mexican wrestler (d. 2015).
- Gillian Armstrong: Melbourne, Victoria -- Director (High Tide, Mrs Soffel)
- Randy Castillo: American drummer and songwriter (Red Square Black and Mötley Crüe) (d. 2002)
- Sarath Fonseka: former commander of the Sri Lanka Army and a former Chief of Defence of Sri Lanka.
- Leonard Maltin: American historian author and critic
- Johnny Hyde: Russian-born American talent agent (Born 1895).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?