Tuesday 18 December 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew S Thomas and Candice Rialson in Santa Monica.
Distant Drums, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hallmark Hall of Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1951 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Andrew S Thomas: Adelaide, South Australia -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 77, STS 89 / 91).
- Candice Rialson in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Chatterbox).
- Bobby Jones: American basketball player, he won a Silver medal at the 1972 Olympics.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?