Tuesday 18 December 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Distant Drums, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1951 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Andrew S Thomas: Adelaide, South Australia -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 77, STS 89 / 91).
- Candice Rialson in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Chatterbox).
- Bobby Jones: American basketball player, he won a Silver medal at the 1972 Olympics.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 1951 and get them!