Sunday 18 December 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kazuhide Uekusa .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Grass Is Greener, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cheaters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1960 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Kazuhide Uekusa: Japanese economist and academic.
- General Meeting of United Nations condemns apartheid.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?