Tuesday 18 December 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Renaldo Lapuz .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
To Kill a Mockingbird, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1962 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Renaldo Lapuz: Filipino-American singer-songwriter.
- WAIQ TV channel 26 in Montgomery, AL (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 December 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Ray Charles - You Are My Sunshine
- Dion - Love Came To Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?