Wednesday 18 December 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1963 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Norman Brown: American singer and guitarist (BWB).
- Greg D'Angelo: American drummer (White Lion Britny Fox and Pride and Glory).
- Karl Dorrell: American football player and coach.
- Allan Kayser: American actor.
- Rikiya Koyama: Japanese actor.
- Pierre Nkurunziza: Burundian soldier and politician President of Burundi
- Charles Oakley: American basketball player and coach
- Isabelle Duchesnay: Canadian pro ice dancer/skater with her brother, Paul, who placed with a Silver Medal in the Albertville Olympics, 2/17/1992.
- Brad Pitt: American actor and sex symbol. Handsome, blond, blue-eyed actor, William Bradley Pitt made his Hollywood debut in 1991, in a minor part in "Thelma and Louise." Since then, his sharp good looks have been featured in many films and have won him such accolades as "sexiest man alive" (People magazine, 1995 and 2000) and being named #23 of the 100 sexiest stars alive (Empire magazine, 1995). He followed his short but memorable appearance in "Thelma and Louise" with a feature role in "A River Runs Thr
- Lori McNeil in San Diego: California, USA; tennis star (1995 Oakland doubles).
- Pauline Ester: French singer of Spanish descent (Andalusian mother), very popular between 1989 and 91 thanks to his album "Le monde est fou". In 2008, her song "Oui je l'adore" was used on French TV for an advert of Groupama. Her satage named was inspired by "polyester".
- Nino De Angelo: Nino de Angelo (born Domenico Gerhard Gorgoglione, 18 December 1963) is a German singer who participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 1989 with the song, "Flieger", written by Dieter Bohlen and Joachim Horn-Bernges.
- Brad Pitt in Shawnee: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Fight Club, Meet Joe Black, Legends of the Fall).
- Winifried P I Zillig: German Composer / conductor (Opfer), dies at 58.
- Clarke runs world record 10km (28:15.6).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?