Saturday 18 December 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Walton and Fawna Maclaren.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1965 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Brian Walton: Ottawa, Ontario -- Points race cyclist (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Fawna Maclaren: Santa Monica, California -- Playmate (Jan, 1989).
- Angeliki Kaneltopoutous: in Greece; tennis star.
- Willie Blair in Paintsville: Kentucky, USA; pitcher (San Diego Padres).
- Shawn Christian: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Mick Collins: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Gories and The Dirtbombs)
- Manuel Escontrela: Spanish footballer (d. 2012)
- Fawna MacLaren: American model and actress
- La Grusse Valise closes at 54th St. Theater NYC after 7 performances
- Borman and Lovell splash down in Atlantic; ends two-week Gemini VII mission.
- Kenneth LeBel jumps 17 barrels on ice skates.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The McCoys - Fever
- Dean Martin - I Will
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?