Thursday 18 December 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Murphy and Chris Dausin.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Leaving on A Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Topaz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Luftsprünge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1969 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Andrew Murphy: Australian long jumper / triple jumper (1996 Olympics).
- Chris Dausin: WLAF corner / guard (Scottish Claymores).
- Joe Randa: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Infielder (KC Royals).
- T C: Wright; WLAF running back (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Joe Randa in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; infielder (Kansas City Royals).
- Marco Coleman NFL defensive end (Miami Dolphins: San Diego Chargers).
- Santiago Canizares: Spanish footballer
- Santiago Cañizares: Spanish footballer
- Justin Edinburgh: English footballer and manager
- Akira Iida: Japanese race car driver
- Coco opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 333 performances
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 December 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?