Wednesday 18 December 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Cat's In The Cradle by Harry Chapin.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Black Christmas, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1974 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Rah Digga: Rapper.
- Kari Byron: TV Show Host.
- Peter Boulware: American football player and politician.
- Bill Duggan: American television actor and host.
- Mutassim Gaddafi: Libyan colonel (d. 2011).
- Knut Schreiner: Norwegian singer guitarist and producer (Turbonegro Euroboys and Mirror Lakes)
- Euroboy: Norwegian musician (Turbonegro)
- Mazarine Pingeot: French noted family, the illegitimate daughter of Francois Mitterand from a long-term relationship with her mother Anne. The press was aware of the situation but did not discuss it in the media as a courtesy to the President. At the funeral of Mitterand in January 1986, Mazarine stood with her mother in the background of Mitterand's wife and sons, united in grief for the one whom they all loved.
- Harry Hooper: American baseball player and Baseball Hall of Fame inductee (d. 1974).
- San Francisco Visitors Center at City Hall opens
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?