Thursday 18 December 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 18 December 2008 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Jordyn-Grace Duggar: American child of a family noted for its size and for the fact that all the childen's names begin with the letter "J.
- Mark Felt, the mysterious "Deep Throat" source who helped reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein crack the Watergate scandal that brought down President Richard Nixon, dies at age 95 in Santa Rosa, California.
- India successfully test-fires supersonic cruise missile BrahMos for the first time from a mobile universal vertical launcher fitted on a naval warship in the Bay of Bengal. (Times of India)
- 75,000 people in Papua New Guinea are displaced by flooding caused by tidal swells. (Sydney Morning Herald)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?