Thursday 18 February 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
La bohème, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1926 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Wallace Berman: American artist.
- Nalini Jaywant: Indian actress (d. 2010).
- Guy Branca: French political activist, captain of the Algerian branch of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- Harry "Little" Caesar: Blues singer / actor (City Heat, Homer & Eddie).
- Len Ford: NFL end (Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers).
- Ghislaine Marchal: French homicide victim, found dead at her home in Mougins, France. She had written with her own blood, "Omar killed me." Omar Raddad was the gardener (born 7/01/1962, time unknown, near Oujda, Morocco). On this evidence he was found guilty and sentenced on 2/02/1994 to 18 years prison, though popular opinion was that he was not guilty.
- Rossana Beccari: Italian singer, who died on 10 December 1979 in Rome.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sentimental Me - Arden-Ohman w Regent Club Orchestra
- I'm Sitting on Top of the World - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Remember - Cliff Edwards
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?