Monday 18 February 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Love Is Better Than Ever, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1952 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Randy Crawford: American singer.
- Maurice Lucas: American basketball player and coach (d. 2010).
- Juice Newton: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Martin Taylor: English mathematician and academic.
- Bernard Valcourt: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Māra Zālīte: Latvian poet and writer
- Juice Newton [Judy Cohen] in Virginia: USA; singer ("Angel of the Morning").
- 4th Emmy Awards: Red Skelton, Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca wins
- In Los Angeles, California, the 4th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. Best Actor: Sid Caesar; Best Actress: Imogene Coca
- Greece and Turkey join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- Emmett Ashford becomes the first African American umpire in organized baseball, by being authorized to be a substitute umpire in the Southwestern International League.
- Winston Churchill scraps UK compulsory national Identity Cards.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?