Thursday 18 February 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1954 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- John Travolta in Englewood: New Jersey, USA; actor (Welcome Back Kotter, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Pulp Fiction).
- Charlie Fowler: American mountaineer author and photographer (d. 2006).
- Marty Howe: American-Canadian hockey player and noted family member, he is the brother of Mark Howe and son of Gordie Howe, both hockey players.
- John Travolta: American actor on stage, film and TV who gained popularity as Vinnie Barbarino on the TV series "Welcome Back Kotter.
- The first Church of Scientology is established in Los Angeles, California.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?