Friday 18 February 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1955 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Hunt Block in Washington: DC, USA; actor (Peter - Knots Landing, Ben Warren - Guiding Light).
- Peter Luff: English politician.
- Raymond Rougeau: Canadian wrestler and sportscaster.
- Miles Tredinnick: English singer-songwriter and playwright (London).
- Monet Robier: French dancer.
- Baghdad Pact signed, making Turkey and Iraq a defense alliance.
- Operation Teapot: Teapot test shot ''Wasp'' is successfully detonated at the Nevada Test Site with a yield of 1.2 kilotons. Wasp is the first of fourteen shots of the Teapot series.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 February 1955 and get them!