Saturday 18 February 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1956 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Paul Reed Smith: American luthier.
- Ted Gardestad: Swedish singer (d. 1997).
- Jorge Campos Milla: Peruvian serial murderer and kidnapper, known by the alias Momon, attributed to 19 victims.
- Ted Gärdestad: Swedish singer, songwriter and musician.
- Bidzina Ivanishvili: Georgian businessman and politician 10th Prime Minister of Georgia.
- Paul Smith: American businessman founded PRS Guitars
- Gustave Charpentier: French composer of operas, including "Louise" and "Julien.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?