Monday 18 February 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1957 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Marita Koch: Former East German sprint track and field athlete.
- Vanna White [Rosich] in North Myrtle Beach: South Carolina, USA; TV game show hostess (Wheel of Fortune).
- George Pelecanos: American author screenwriter and producer.
- Vanna White: American TV performer and hostess whose claim to fame is standing by a gambling wheel and smiling as it spins on the TV game show, "Wheel Of Fortune.
- Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is executed by the British colonial government.
- Walter James Bolton becomes the last person legally executed in New Zealand.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 February 1957 and get them!