Sunday 18 February 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Walk on the Wild Side, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1962 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Julie Strain in Concord: California, USA; actress (Witchcraft IV).
- Moe Lemay: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Gary Reasons: NFL linebacker (New York Giants).
- Simon Fletcher: NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos).
- Marianne James: French stage actress, singer and songwriter of Italian descent, she learned to play the guitare with Michel Petrucciani's father.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Saint Petersburg Golf Open.
- France and Algerian Muslims negotiate truce to end seven-year war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 February 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?