Sunday 18 February 2001
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Ms. Jackson by OutKast.
In UK Whole Again by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet November, directed by Pat O'Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while A Painted House by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2001.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 2001!
Which were the important events of 18 February 2001 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 February
- Balthus : Polish-French artist, the son of Polish painter and art historian Erick Klossowski and painter Elisabeth Dorothee Spiro, encouraged with his art when young.
- Dale Earnhardt: American race car driver, the son of champion driver Dale Earnhardt who was killed on the track at Talladega, Fl on 2/18/2001.
- Eddie Mathews: American baseball star with the Milwaukee Braves, giving them a "fearsome home run punch.
- FBI agent Robert Hanssen is arrested for spying for the Soviet Union. He is ultimately convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.
- NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt is killed instantly in a crash on the last lap of the Daytona 500 while his DEI cars driven by his son, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Michael Waltrip, finish second and first, respectively.
- Inter-ethnic violence between Dayaks and Madurese breaks out in Sampit, Indonesia, that will ultimately result in more than 500 deaths and 100,000 Madurese displaced from their homes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?