Sunday 18 February 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Bridge to Terabithia, directed by Gabor Csupo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Design Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Mega Quiz or Sujin Taisen: Number Battles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 February 2007 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 February
- Terrorist bombs explode on the Samjhauta Express in Panipat, Haryana, India, killing 68 people.
- Shane Gibson, the Minister for Immigration for the Bahamas, resigns over rumours of a relationship with Anna Nicole Smith after he had fast tracked her application for permanent residency. (AP via AccessHollywood)
- Bangladeshi Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus announces the name of the party he wants to found it is to be called Citizens' Power. (Daily Times)
- Israeli Police Commissioner Moshe Karadi resigns after a Government commission finds that he ignored links between senior officers and underworld figures and failed to ensure a proper investigation of a 1999 killing of an alleged crime boss. (AP via Boston Globe)
- 2007 South Thailand bombings: 28 bombs explode in southern Thailand, killing three and injuring 50. Militants burn two public schools and shoot three people during the South Thailand insurgency. (New York Times)
- Islamist insurgency in Somalia (2007–present): A car bomb explodes in Mogadishu killing at least four people. It is the first ever car bomb in the capital. (Somalinet)
- The U.S. and Israel will not work with a new Palestinian unity government unless it recognises Israel, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has said. (BBC)
- Iraq War:
- 18 February 2007 Baghdad bombings: At least 56 people are killed and more than 120 injured in two car bombs in a Shia district of Baghdad, police sources have said. (BBC)
- U.S. marine Robert Pennington is sentenced to eight years in military prison for his role in the killing of an Iraqi civilian. (BBC)
- War in Afghanistan (2001–present):
- Eight U.S. troops are killed and 14 wounded in a helicopter crash in south-eastern Afghanistan, the U.S.-led coalition has said. (BBC)
- Police in Pakistan detain 36 people, mainly Afghan refugees, over a suicide bombing inside a Quetta courtroom that killed a judge and 15 other people. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?