Wednesday 18 February 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 5.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth or AFL Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 February 2009 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 February
- Stefane 3G will represent Georgia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow with ampquotWe Don't Wanna Put Inampquot, a song allegedly against Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. (Reuters)
- A Columbian mammoth is discovered in the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles, California. (Reuters)
- Switzerland's UBS AG will pay the United States federal government US$780 million in fines and restitution after admitting to helping American clients avoid taxes. (CNN)
- A Eurocopter Super Puma carrying 18 people ditches into the North Sea. (BBC)
- Israel will not negotiate with Hamas unless war prisoner Gilad Shalit is released. (BBC)
- Israel's Securities Authority arrests Poalim Capital Markets CEO Nir Burnstein on suspicion of insider trading. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Iran announces it has built an unmanned aerial vehicle capable of traveling 620nbspmiles (1,000nbspkilometers). (Bloomberg)
- Lawyers representing the entertainment industry defend their compensation claims of US$13 million against The Pirate Bay. (''The Local'')
- A GEO Television reporter is killed in Pakistan's war-torn Swat Valley. (AP via Google News)
- Verizon Wireless selects Alcatel-Lucent as its primary vendor of fourth-generation wireless communications. (Reuters)
- Swedish Minister of Enterprise and Energy Maud Olofsson criticizes General Motors for ampquotabandoningampquot the struggling automaker Saab Automobile. (''The Local'')
- The Czech Republic's Chamber of Deputies approves the Treaty of Lisbon. (CTK)
- General Motors will cut 47,000 jobs throughout 2009. (Sky News)
- South Korea says North Korea will face United Nations sanctions if it proceeds with a threatening long-range missile test. (Reuters)
- Russia's Border Guard Service sinks a Hong Kong-owned merchant vessel, killing eight people. (RIAN)
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration and European Space Agency will continue with their Europa Jupiter System Mission and Titan Saturn System Missions. (NASA)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?