Wednesday 18 January 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1911 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Cyprien Tourel: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Montpellier.
- Gabor Darvas: composer.
- Danny Kaye: American comic actor.
- José Arguedas: Peruvian anthropologist author and poet (d. 1969).
- Charles Delaunay: French author, jazz expert, co-founder and long-term leader of the Hot Club de France.
- Jose Maria Arguedas: Peruvian novelist, poet, and anthropologist (d. 1969).
- 1st shipboard landing of a plane (Tanforan Park to USS Pennsylvania)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?