Thursday 18 January 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Pilgrim, directed by Edna Purviance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1923 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
Famous Birthdays:18 January
- Wallace Reid: Actor (Birth of a Nation), dies at 31.
- 1st radio telegraph message from Netherlands to Dutch East Indies
- Elon College's campus in North Carolina is destroyed by a fire.
- ''Undated'' ndash Hyperinflation in Germany means that 17,000 marks are now needed to buy an American dollar - well over double the amount needed at the end of the previous year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Carolina in the Morning - Van & Schenck
- Homesick - Nora Bayes
- Suez - Clyde Doerr & His Orchestra
- Nellie Kelly I Love You - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?