Thursday 18 January 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Grapes of Wrath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1940 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Michel Demaret: Dutch politician and mayor of Brussels who began his career as a wrestler, then as a bouncer of the "La Fregate" dance club before competing in the political arena.
- Graham Wade: British writer and researcher of the lives of great musicians.
- Pedro Rodriguez: Mexican race car driver (d. 1971).
- Kazimierz P Tetmajer: Polish writer / Poet (Young Poland), dies at 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?