Tuesday 18 January 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1944 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Paul Keating: Australian politician; Prime Minister representing the Labour Party.
- Relus ter: Beek; Dutch Minister of defense (PvdA).
- Carl Morton: American baseball player (Born 1944).
- Kei Ogura: Japanese singer-songwriter and composer.
- 1st Chinese naturalized US citizen since repeal of exclusion acts
- First Chinese naturalized US citizen since repeal of exclusion acts.
- The Metropolitan Opera House in New York City hosts a jazz concert for the first time. The performers are Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton, Artie Shaw, Roy Eldridge and Jack Teagarden.
- Soviet forces liberate Leningrad, effectively ending a three year Nazi siege, known as the Siege of Leningrad.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?