Sunday 18 January 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1959 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Bob Rosenberg: rocker (Will To Power).
- Lydia Bree: American athlete who entered the Summer Olympics in 1984 as a Rhythmic Gymnast.
- Ruth Jessen wins LPGA Tampa Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?